Gurnee governmental bodies are working together closely to monitor COVID-19 (coronavirus) and steps that can be taken to reduce the spread of the virus. This is a rapidly developing situation and response protocols are being activated by various agencies.Various event disruptions and postponements of large gatherings are anticipated to help prevent the spread of the virus.
If you are hosting an upcoming event, it is advised that you consider contingency plans in case of cancellation. Keep tabs on websites of upcoming sporting events or other gatherings for notice of closures. The elderly and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions remain the most at risk for exposure and should exercise caution when attending large gatherings.
Everyone will play a part in stopping the spread of COVID-19. The most important steps you can take to protect your family are to consider the 3 C's:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
• Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For frequently asked questions on COVID-19, visit: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
For additional information and to sign up for alerts from the Lake County Health Department, visit: https://www.lakecountyil.gov/4377/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19