Effective this Friday, June 26, all regions of the state are set to advance to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan. Phase 4 allows for reopening or expansion of several key business segments and also allows for expanded gathering sizes, increasing the limit from 10 to 50.
For our local business partners, please visit https://www.gurnee.il.us/business/small-business-covid-19-assistance-information for quick links to information that may help you as you reopen.
Highlights of the new Phase 4 Guidelines for Reopening (https://dceocovid19resources.com/restore-illinois/restore-illinois-phase-4/) include:
- Indoor Dining: Indoor dining can reopen with groups of 10 or less, with tables spaced 6-feet apart in seated areas and with standing areas at no more than 25% of capacity. Mall food courts may also reopen. Note: The Village of Gurnee will continue to allow restaurants to offer outdoor dining (https://www.gurnee.il.us/home/2020/06/05/temporary-covid-19-outdoor-dining-guidelines) and, for those establishments with liquor licenses, sale of liquor “to go” in conformance with State guidance.
- Theaters and Performing Arts: Indoor seated theaters, cinemas, and performing arts centers to allow admission of the lesser of up to 50 guests OR 50% of overall theater or performance space capacity (applies to each screening room); outdoor capacity limited to 20% of overall space capacity.
- Indoor and Outdoor recreation: Select indoor recreation facilities (e.g., bowling alleys, skating rinks), as well as clubhouses allowed to reopen. Indoor recreation to operate at lesser of 50 customers OR 50% of facility capacity. Outdoor recreation allowing group sizes up to 50 and permitting multiple groups given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and interaction between groups can be limited.
- Outdoor seated spectator events: Outdoor spectator sports can resume with no more than 20% of seating capacity.
- Meetings and events: Venues and meeting spaces can resume with the lesser of up to 50 people OR 50% of overall room capacity. Multiple groups are permitted given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and interaction between groups can be limited. This includes activities such as conferences, banquets, and weddings.
Revised guidelines in Phase 4 include:
- Retail: Retail will continue to be allowed open, now at a maximum of 50% of store capacity. Customers will still be asked to wear face coverings when possible, and should not bring reusable shopping bags in to stores.
- Youth and Recreational Sports: Competitive gameplay and tournaments allowed; youth and recreational sports venues can operate at 50% of facility capacity, 20% seating capacity for spectators, and group sizes up to 50 with multiple groups permitted during practice and competitive games given venues have space to appropriately social distance and interaction between groups can be limited.
- Health and fitness centers: Revised guidelines allow gyms to open at 50% capacity and allow group fitness classes of up to 50 people with new safety guidelines for indoors, with multiple groups permitted given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups.
- Day camps: Water-based activities permitted in accordance with IDPH guidelines; no more than 50% of facility capacity with group size of no more than 15 participants in a group, unless participants changing weekly.
Prioritizing health and safety (face coverings, social distancing, sanitation) is now a consumer expectation and will be a key component of our recovery. Building confidence-based loyalty is a shared goal.
We ask that all residents and businesses continue to do their part and comply with the requirements of social distancing and wearing face coverings when required. We want our customers and visitors to have confidence that Gurnee is the safest and best place to shop and dine.