Flood Information: July 2017
- Road Closures: All roads in Gurnee open as of Tuesday, July 25th at 12:30 p.m.
- Gages Lake Road: LCDOT reopened Gages Lake on Friday, July 21st; final surface paving and creek cleanup/restoration will be completed under live traffic.
- Follow Lake County Passage for latest road conditions.
- Volunteer Request for Immediate Sandbagging Assistance in Wadsworth, Friday, July 14, 2017
- Volunteers Needed to Assist with Sandbagging Efforts, July 13th, from 11am - Sundown
- Volunteers Needed to Assist with Sandbagging Efforts, July 12th, from 4-8pm
- Des Plaines River Update: July 21, 2017, 1pm
- Des Plaines River Update, July 19, 2017, 3pm
- Des Plaines River Update: July 17, 2017, 9am
- Des Plaines River Update: July 15, 2017, 4pm
- Des Plaines River Update: July 14, 2017, 11am
- Special Flood Damage Debris Pick-Up Services Offered for Week of Monday, July 17, 2017
- Mayor Kristina Kovarik Proclaims State of Emergency Due to Flood Impact
- Des Plaines River Update: July 13, 2017, 10am
- Gages Lake Road Closed for Emergency Culvert Replacement
- Des Plaines River Update: July 12, 2017, 2pm
- Des Plaines River Update: July 12, 2017, 10am
Flood Clean Up
- Disaster/Flood Resource Center to Open in Round Lake Beach
- Special Flood Damage Debris Waste Pick-Up Extended
- Special Flood Damage Debris Waste Pick-Up Service the Week of July 17th: Residents with flood damaged items for disposal must register for this service by calling 847-599-6640 during business hours OR fill out the webform. Collection guidelines must be followed, including no Bagsters permitted. Click here for more details.
- Disaster Recovery and Clean Up: Information for Residents (Lake Co. Emergency Mgmt.)
- Red Cross Flood Kits available only to affected Gurnee residents/businesses at the Gurnee Police Station, 100 N. O'Plaine Rd. Provide name/address/phone number when you pick up a kit. One kit per household.
- Flood Recovery:
- Village of Gurnee Flood Inundation Levels Map
- Lake County Floods: Who to Contact for Help
- Brochure: Flood Information for the Village of Gurnee
- Real Time River Level Data (provided by the USGS): https://waterdata.usgs.gov/il/nwis/uv?05528000
- Prediction Info: https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lot&gage=guni2&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1