The Village of Gurnee encourages the community to have fun this Halloween but to celebrate safely. Should your family choose to trick-or-treat or pass out candy this year, the Village advises our community to keep COVID-19 safety front of mind with the following trick-or-treating guidelines to provide a safe Halloween experience for all on Sunday, October 31st:
- Trick-or-treat only between the hours of 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Follow all current CDC & IDPH guidelines at the time of trick-or-treat.
- Do not participate in trick-or-treating if you are feeling unwell, if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results or if you know that you have been exposed to COVID-19
- Face coverings are encouraged for the safety of all! Consider creative ways to incorporate face masks into costumes!
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times
- Following CDC guidelines, it is recommended that houses consider setting up “goodie bags” at the end of their driveways to allow for social distancing.
- Homes should distribute pre-packaged treats.
- As in every year, the Gurnee Police Department recommends having each child carry or wear something lit or visibility, such as a flashlight, glow bracelet or necklace or flashing attire.
- Watch for traffic, obey all traffic signs, look before crossing the street and never cross between parked cards or in the middle of the block.