The Village of Gurnee encourages the community to have fun this Halloween and to celebrate safely. Should your family choose to trick-or-treat or pass out candy this year, the Village advises the community to keep in mind the following:
- Trick-or-treating will take place on Sunday, October 29th between the hours of 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Do not participate in trick-or-treating if you are feeling unwell, if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results or if you know that you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- As every year, the Gurnee Police Department recommends having each child carry or wear something lit or visible, such as a flashlight, glow bracelet or necklace, or flashing attire.
- Stay on sidewalks and well-lit streets. Do not take shortcuts through alleyways or across lawns.
- Watch for traffic, obey all traffic signs, look before crossing the street and never cross between parked cards or in the middle of the block.
- Children should always go Trick-or-Treating with a trusted adult.
- Only go to familiar houses that have their exterior lights on.
- Never go into people's homes. If someone asks you or your child to enter their home, politely decline.
- Remain outdoors when distributing treats and provide individually packaged treat bags for children to collect.
- Check your child's treats before they eat them.