On July 11, 2005, the Village Board updated the watering restrictions to increase the amount of time watering is allowed. Residents may now water between the hours of 6:00 p.m. through 10:00 a.m. Residents with odd-numbered street addresses may water their lawns only on odd-numbered days, and residents with even-numbered addresses may water on even-numbered days. Watering restrictions remain in effect until September 15th. Sprinkling lawns is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.
Below is a complete list of the updated Watering Restrictions. The Village asks that all residents comply with these restrictions:
- Restrictions on sprinkling and landscape watering are in effect from May 15 through September 15.
- Even numbered addresses may water on even numbered days between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- Odd numbered addresses may water on odd numbered days between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- Residents with newly seeded or sodded yards may be issued a special permit for watering for 14 consecutive days between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. Permits are issued by the Building Department at the Village Hall.
- Watering using hand-held devices (hose, sprinkling can, or bucket) will be allowed at any time.
- Sprinkling lawns between the hours of 10:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. is prohibited.
The Illinois Department of Transportation / Division of Water Resources requires communities using Lake Michigan water to enforce conservation measures.