Building Safety Division - Permits - Air Conditioners, Furnaces, & Water Heater Requirements
- 1. Submit a building permit application.
- 2. The following information is required:
- a.) Air Conditioner (new installation)--Include a Legal Plat of Survey or a drawing showing where the unit will be located in relationship to the home. Include copy of proposal from contractor.
b.) Air Conditioner/Furnace Replacement: Include copy of proposal from contractor.
c.) Water Heater: Include information on the type of water heater being installed. Include name of licensed plumber (must be registered with the Village prior to the release of the permit.). You must also include a written letter of intent, per State of IL, from a licensed plumber. This letter must be written on the plumbing company's letterhead, specify the address and scope of job, must be signed by plumber of record, and notarized or contain their corporate seal.
- 3. Include: Name of electrician who is doing the connection. The electrician must be licensed and registered with the Village prior to the release of the permit, include copy of proposal or written verification from electrician.
- 4. If a humidifier is being installed, include name of licensed plumber (must be registered with the Village prior to the release of the permit) and copy of proposed or written verification from plumber or written confirmation by the homeowner stating that they are performing the connection. Saddle valves are not allowed.
- 6. Call for final inspection.
Inspections can be scheduled by calling
the Building Safety Division at 847-599-7550
A minimum of 24-hours notice is required. Please have
your building permit number ready; it is required in order
to schedule an inspection.