Street Resurfacing Program
- Start Date: Mid May 2022
- Est. Completion Date: August 31st, 2022
- Location: Various locations within the corporate limits of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois
- Project Cost: $4,049,705.26
- Contractor: Payne & Dolan, Inc.
- Project Impacts:
- Narrow lanes and lane closures
- Sidewalk closures
- Temporary driveway access closures
- Side street closures
This project will consist of the reconstruction of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) road section including pavement removal, pavement milling, removal and disposal of unsuitable material, aggregate base repairs, HMA binder and surface course, driveway R&R, drainage improvements, landscaping, and other associated items.
- Area 1 Map (PDF): Porett; Centennial; Swanson; Northwestern from Grandville to Pacific; Old Grand Ave from Fire Station 1 to east end; First Street from Old Grand Ave to Route 132; Waveland south of Grand Ave
- Area 2 Map (PDF): Brookhaven east of O'Plaine; Kensington Ct; Buckingham Dr
- Area 3 Map (PDF): Liberty Ln; Quincy Ct; Madison Av; Franklin Ct; Cherry Wood Ct; Maplewood Dr; Ashwood Ln; Lawson from Barnwood to Beechwood; Butternut Ct; Pine Meadow Ct; Fox Meadow Ct; Boulders from Fuller to Ravine; Garnett Ct
Tentative Schedule for the 2022 Resurfacing Program
This schedule provides a proposed timeline of when work will occur in Areas 1-4. This schedule is tentative and may change based on weather.
|Area 1||mid-May to end of May||mid-July to August||August|
|Area 2||mid-May to end of May||late June to mid-July||August|
|Area 3||mid-May to end of May||late June to mid-July||August|
|Area 4||mid-May to end of May||late June to mid-July||August|
June 29, 2022: The Village’s contractor, Payne & Dolan, has completed milling operations and will now begin sub-base repairs for Brookhaven east of O'Plaine, Kensington Ct., Buckingham Dr., Liberty Ln., Quincy Ct., Madison Ave., Franklin Ct., Cherry Wood Ct., Maplewood Dr., Ashwood Ln., Lawson from Barnwood to Beechwood, Butternut Ct., Pine Meadow Ct., Fox Meadow Ct., Boulders from Fuller to Ravine; Garnett Ct., Mendocino Dr., Lockwood Ln., and Lockeslee Ct.
The contractor is anticipating to begin milling and paving operations in the industrial area after the 4th of July. Old Grand Ave. is expected to be fully resurfaced by August 1st in preparation for Gurnee Days.