Firefighter / Paramedic Eligibility List Testing 2018
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at the time of application and hire:
- United States citizen or naturalized citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years old and maximum age of 34 years (unless otherwise exempt under
65 ILCS 5/10-1-7.1).
- Graduation from high school or equivalent thereof.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Currently certified as a Basic Operations Fire Fighter or Fire Fighter II under the State of Illinois, Division of Personnel Standards and Education; and
- Minimally a Provisional Paramedic in good standing in the State of Illinois, pursuant to applicable statutes and regulations at the time of application and hire or State of Illinois EMT-P licensure.
- Written examination [Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.]
- Oral Interview with Civil Service Commission – eligible applicants will be contacted with specific date / time information [late November / early December 2018]
- Initial eligibility register established
- Preference points:maximum of 10 points:
- Veterans’ Points / Military Service with an Honorable Discharge:five (5) points
- Education Points:up to five (5) points:
- Associates Degree (any curriculum):2.5 points
- Bachelors Degree (any curriculum):an additional 2.5 points (5 points total)
- Final Eligibility Register
Eligibility list candidates receiving a conditional offer of employment must successfully pass a psychological examination, polygraph examination, background check and medical examination, including drug screen. All appointments are subject to a probationary period.
Return completed Application Packet (click on 'download pdf' tab below) and required materials in person to:
Gurnee Fire Department, Station 1
4580 Old Grand Avenue, Gurnee, IL 60031
Application deadline is 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 24, 2018
No faxed, emailed, or mailed applications accepted.